[FRIAM] 3 new groovy articles

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Thu May 26 12:12:16 GMT+4 2005

Groovy, the nifty new java scripting language is getting a lot of press
now that it is maturing enough to be used in real projects.

Here are three new articles, taken from a contributor's mail to the
groovy list:

allow me to highlight the latest Groovy article by Andrew Glover
titled "Stir some Groovy into your Java apps - Exploit Groovy's
simplicity by embedding simple, easy-to-write scripts" published in the
IBM developerWorks Practically Groovy series.
	http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-pg05245

allow me to highlight another Groovy article titled "Closures in
Groovy - Good Fences Make Good Functions" written by Craig Castelaz and
published on Sun's Java.Net site.
	http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/05/19/fences.html

allow me to highlight another Groovy article titled "Getting to Know
Groovy" by John Zukowski published on the Sun Developer Network site.
	http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/JavaLP/groovy/

Let me know if you give it a try.  I'd be particularly interested in
using it with Repast as a way to use scripting in ABM.

	-- Owen

Owen Densmore - http://backspaces.net - http://redfish.com -
owen at backspaces.net