[FRIAM] Data visualization tutorial in Processing

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Tue Apr 13 15:32:07 EDT 2010

A solid tutorial here.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FlowingData <nathan at flowingdata.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:07 AM
Subject: FlowingData - Data visualization tutorial in Processing
To: jtjohnson555 at gmail.com

   FlowingData - Data visualization tutorial in
Link to FlowingData] <http://flowingdata.com>

Data visualization tutorial in

If you absolutely refuse to touch any code, I suggest Many
Eyes<http://many-eyes.com>or one of the fine FD sponsors, but if
you're looking to get your hands
dirty, Processing <http://processing.org> is a great place to start.

Jer Thorp, whose
saw not too long ago, posts this introduction
data visualization with Processing.

I’m going to start from scratch, work through some examples, and (hopefully)
make some interesting stuff. One of the nice things, I think, about this
process, is that we’re going to start with fresh, new data – I’m not sure
what kind of things we’re going to find once we start to get our hands
dirty. This is what is really exciting about data visualization; the chance
to find answers to your own, possibly novel questions.

The examples are straightforward, the results are interesting, and most
importantly, it gives you a lot to work off of with your own data and
geometry. Hopefully it's the first post of many.

   You are subscribed to email updates from FlowingData<http://flowingdata.com>
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe
. Email delivery powered by Google  Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL
USA 60610

J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
505.577.6482(c)                                    505.473.9646(h)
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 tom at jtjohnson.com

"Be Your Own Publisher"