[FRIAM] re-use achieved!

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sat Apr 1 12:47:47 EDT 2017

> But somehow, Google is always one step ahead
> <https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/03/Google-Cloud-Platform-expands-to-Mars.html>
> .

​Well, sorta .. this certainly is impressive:​

Google Cloud Platform <https://cloud.google.com/> (GCP) is committed to
meeting our customers needs—no matter where they are. Amidst our growing
list of new regions, today we're pleased to announce our expansion to Mars.
In addition to supporting some of the most demanding disaster recovery and
data sovereignty needs of our Earth-based customers, we’re looking to the
future cloud infrastructure needed for the exploration and ultimate
colonization of the Red Planet.

But GCP, which in the old days was Google App Engine? That was so flaky
that a project we were building using it had to move away.

Google: always in beta. Amazon: slow and steady wins the race.

I hope GCP is cool tho. Have you used it .. or any friamer out there used
it?

   -- Owen