[FRIAM] How I made my own VPN server in 15 minutes | TechCrunch

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 20:16:41 EDT 2017

On 04/12/2017 05:02 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> I guess if "everything we need to know" is that social behavior measurable over narrow windows of time.

There's no implication of the time window being narrow.  Sure, there's a tradeoff between cache size and target value.  But if we assume unlimited cache size for any particular target, then the window can be unlimited.

> If, as you say, Snowden is a `dork', then it should have been a simple matter to predict his behavior and stop it.   But it is not so simple because people don't reveal themselves in such overt ways.   They may only reveal some dimensions and those dimensions may to a significant extent just be performance.

I agree it may not be simple.  But I claim the information is there for anyone who lives a significant portion of their life online.  The more you live in meat space, the less of a footprint you'll leave.  The point being that it doesn't matter how many VPNs you set up or how many layers of the onion your traffic goes through, if you live your life online, the information is there.  That does not imply that it's simple to reconstruct the state space, though.

--
☣ glen