[FRIAM] the arc of socioeconomics, personal and public: was VPN server

Vladimyr vburach at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 22 23:35:58 EDT 2017

Glen,

My “imaginary brain farts” became tangible through effort. I have no doubt about their validity but some were clearly stupid.

However loosely I used the term model without prefixes these imaginary procedures are not without dependencies, or referents.

But this can only arise in a mind that notices some functionality of materials and procedures.

I once constructed an  Aramid/ Graphite operating table to be positioned within an MRI device.

Apparently at the time no such artifact existed on the planet. But it was needed.

If referents can be regarded as Real yet have no substance where does that leave us.

The table transported children in and out of the MRI as neurosurgeons considered their next cut

into the open skull of unconscious children to manipulate the source of “Brain Farts”. There is no need to use

provocative language, unless one cherishes verbal one-up-man- ship.

These “referents” can be as elusive and wispy as dreams. However when coupled to a brain with a will and talent, things will  go Bang.

I acknowledge that I did such things by fortune of having had a generous education and some  few talents.

My neighbor,  a perfectly Normal Forensic Accountant, could not, but he liked to watch things happen.

Your arguments take me aback, so watch what the economists call modelling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05S1tAPoRzY

You will no doubt consider this a case in point… but there exists a dividing line between rigorous and whimsical mental models

that the term “conceptual” does little to illuminate.

The spectacle of early flying machines usually makes us wonder what was he thinking…

Even once these mad men constructed the contraptions it became obvious that not all ideas are equal.

vib

what makes some better and others worse? Utility…Profit…Pride…