[FRIAM] Santa Fe's Sugar Tax

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Apr 26 00:50:43 EDT 2017

Merle -

I appreciate your open-ness about this...  I would not have expected you
to have voted for his Orangeness, but I was not surprised that you had
trouble with HIllary.   Absence of Evidence vs Evidence of Absence?

I'm surprised you refer to Trump's behaviour as "transparent"... he
certainly is bold (crude) enough not to hide a lot of his motivations
and habits and intentions,  but I think his true intentions are
(obviously?) either deeply confused or deliberately scrambled behind a
smokescreen of mis-statements and mis-directions.

Did you ever consider voting for Jill or Gary (or ??? or !!!). I was
convinced that Hillary already had NM in the bag and though I loathed
the thought of the Donald getting in, I also loathed the idea of voting
for the Hillary, and conveniently I found Jill/Green hugely aligned with
my own principles, in spite of lack of experience in Politics and little
chance of winning.  Gary, being our former governer was *interesting* to
me and as (also, like Trump) a loose cannon on deck, would have somewhat
less momentum in his careening.  He probably wouldn't be doing all he
could to piss off North Korea, for example.

Just a thought.

- Steve