[FRIAM] Santa Fe's Sugar Tax

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 12:57:25 EDT 2017

Joe that assumes:
-Martinez finishes her term.
-The next govenor and their cheifs even bother to revist it.
-The bill even passes.
Like I said yesterday part of my concern is it's so vague it can be
purposly smartalcly interperted--because! As I (tried to) point out with
silly examples of fruits or honey.
(I'll own my silly example may not have worked.

I am skeptical yet another tax is what NM needs

I agree anecdotally residents of NM need help with education and health.
I am skeptical a tax on basically fake food,s and treats is a helpful way
to do that though.
Postive programs and tools  might help more than yet another tax possibly
can.
Maybe making the comunity centers feel and be cool to go to somehow.(for
example)
Make those free, but cool, and not terribly maintainted and generally feel
gheto.