[FRIAM] Legado de Nuevo Mexico

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:31:35 EDT 2017

Al contrario Steve.  A usted gracias!

Once I said to Reuben Hersh that I was inhibited about writing to John Baez
to ask questions about his book on mathematical physics (Gauge Fields,
Knots and Gravity). Reuben said that authors love to get comments and
questions about their books. Now I understand.  If you don't receive such
communications you have a feeling that you have thrown a bottle containing
a note into the ocean.  Hence my feeling that I am the one who owes you
thanks.

As for metaphors, I did say that Norman Crider was like a fish out of
water.  But I guess that's a simile.

I still do own firearms but I haven't fired them for decades except once
when I shot a gopher with a .22 short from my study window. Anyone who has
a garden around here will understand.

It's interesting that you would have liked more anecdotes.  I could have
made the book twice as long but I thought that would make  it boring and I
was in a hurry for fear of becoming disabled before it was published.
Irrational, I know.

Thanks too for the plan to pass the book along to your friend.

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918