[FRIAM] Trump Support

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:54:05 EDT 2017

I'm inclined to call that articlet "fake news". 8^)  YouGov has a good rating with 538 (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/).  But I can't help but wonder about the one-sidedness of the articlet.  Why only include those 2 (or 7 ... or 8, or whatever it was) questions?  Where's the fine-print link to the poll and its analysis?  Maybe I missed it.  Etc.

Regardless, I have 2 reactions:  1) Excellent! The more the flat-earthers flock together and reinforce their batsh!t delusions, the more obvious it becomes to anyone how delusional they are.  Maybe they'll even go all "Heaven's Gate" and suffocate themselves from all the methane[†].  2) It's not so much self-defeating on the R's part as it is our (every one of us) inability to think about complex things.  I posit the tendency to trust Trump will correlate with the tendency to prefer oversimplification. [‡] But the same would apply to any chant you might hear at a liberal march/rally.  Anyone who enjoys those stupid chants is enjoying oversimplification.

[†] https://youtu.be/BPC7e8W8u18
[‡] I feel the same way about "tl;dr" and people who overvalue the disgusting concept of 'pithyness' and/or sayings like "brevity is the soul of wit".  No, it's an indicator of ADHD you aphorism-obsessed @#$%. >8^D

--
☣ glen