[FRIAM] Future of humans and artificial intelligence

gepr ⛧ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:56:03 EDT 2017

FWIW, I tend to use stochastic to mean a process with a collection of variables, some of which are (pseudo) randomly set and some of which are not. A "random process" would imply a process where either all the variables are random OR where the randomly set variables are dominant. A process can be stochastic even if the randomness has little effect.

My use of indeterminate is ambiguous. In processes where we're ignorant of how a variable is set, those variables are indeterminate​. But I also use it to mean unset variables. E.g. a semaphore that's being polled for a value or state change. But as with stochasticity, a "don't care" variable can be indeterminate without making the whole process indeterminate.

--
⛧glen⛧