[FRIAM] Classes, Complexity, and Functional Programming – Kent C. Dodds – Medium

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Fri Aug 11 23:42:15 EDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com>
wrote:

> "I know, I know, functional programming is as fun as hitting your head
>> with a brick."
>
> It is fun!

​That's great to hear, too much is NOT fun in programming!​

> If I have a project that isn't FP, I make it into an FP project because it
> is the right thing to do.

​OK, so in the JavaScript world, how does one inch forward toward
functional? I don't want to be so functional as some of the extremes.
Curring all the way to one arg functions?

The article says performance may be an issue.

The chief appeal for me is the Self-like objects only, no classes. But the
lack of centrality may just as hard to navigate as the over-tight, stateful
class approach.

   -- Owen​