[FRIAM] random v stochastic v indeterminate

gepr ⛧ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 21:34:09 EDT 2017

But none of this seems to indicate that *selection* or survival to mating age *creates* the new attribute. Survival to mating age only preserves whatever phenotype was constructed by the genes and ontogeny. Whether you call genes and ontogeny random or not is irrelevant. We could easily call it 'ignorance'... i.e. ignorance constructs the phenotype, then the environment decides its fecundity.

--
⛧glen⛧