[FRIAM] firefox and memory

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:30:15 EST 2017

The short answer nick is all the browsers as well as Windows have a weird
thing of just randomly eating all it can eat on your computer.
Edge/Exploder Chrome, and FireFox are all frankly bad guests Just that some
of them are politely bad guest,  FireFox Classic tells epic sagas loudly,
then chrases. I suspect from to much Nog.  Edge/Exploder on the other hand
are like some loud band. that plays out of key, and keeps playing. Chrome
not only invites itself over, but all it's friends, their friends, those
friends, that other friend and pretty much the entire city will be on your
computer before long.

Akwared morning analogies describing why they're all crap because of eating
resources. FireFox Quantum edition is slightlly better than Classic (what
you probably have). But it's still pretty bad. now it not just muches down
memory. The windows X version muches on hard drive space. I found that out
yesterday when it crashed (3 windows open and of the 30 gigs I HAD free
that  darn thing ate 20 (cache and temp files)

FireFox Classic hasn't exactly been the Super Hero  Browser Breakfast of
choice for a long time.  Reliable and compatible sure but as you found out
nick it's  a giant dick to your computer.
Chrome is not any nicer on windows. A little lighter on it's feet sure. but
it's  leaves behind a giant mess. And to really confuse you clone got
cloned more often then boba fet, they're all weird and quirky. (Geek Humor)

Sufficed to say: It's not just you. I've ranted on the Friam and WedTech
list about some of the weird and lame issues of FireFox slow being one.

@Updates FireFox Qutunum has it's own problems, streaming being one. It
does not do streaming will (yet) for windows, a very well snag,

Clear as mud?