[FRIAM] Climate Change

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:18:27 EST 2017

Nick is right.  The uneducated (who also vote) do not understand, for
example, that climate events will continue to be more intense, if not more
frequent.  And the ambiguity necessary to nonlinear models causes great
confusion.  People need certainly and prediction and have been led to
believe science will get them there.

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Nick Thompson <nickthompson at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> This is “our” fault.  We have failed to articulate and distribute a
> language that adequately relates changes in probabilities of events with
> changes in particular events.  We say that “harvey” was caused by global
> warming, but then we bridle when senators carry snowballs into congress.
> Yes, this is “our” fault.
>

> Nick
>

> Nicholas S. Thompson
>
> Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Biology
>
> Clark University
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
emergentdiplomacy.org
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
merlelefkoff at gmail.com <merlelefoff at gmail.com>
mobile:  (303) 859-5609