[FRIAM] Climate Change

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Fri Dec 29 15:37:32 EST 2017

Climate change is very interesting. There is evidence (as per the graphs in
the 1990 IPCC report) that the climate has changed significantly in the
past. We had a mini ice age that ended about 1850 and since then we had the
industrial revolution with the accomponing rise in CO2.

Show me the climate models that are consistent with the roman warm period,
the medieval warm period, the mini ice age and the modern warm period, then
we talk again.

The IPCC model takes the temperatures since the end of the mini ice age
(1850) till now where the natural climate change would probably have
resulted in an increase in temperatures in any case? (Maybe not, but it's
definitely not inconsistent with previous temperatures).

Now they develop models to prove that the increase in temperatures since
1850 was caused by an increase in CO2 levels? And they admit that the
increase the 15 years prior to the latest report has flattened out
significantly.

I don't disagree with the basic science that CO2 equilibrium climate
sensitivity is about 1 degree centigrade per doubling of atmospheric CO2
levels. But that is probably insignificant compared to natural climate
variability? I don't know? (But neither has the IPCC convinced me that they
have a clue)