[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Pamela McCorduck pamela at well.com
Wed Feb 1 11:53:27 EST 2017

No, you didn’t use the word pain. It was my inference, and I’m sorry you felt it was intrusive. Pain in this situation isn’t pathology needing some kind of medical attention. It’s a reasonable response to the events of the first few days of this president’s administration. Speaking for myself, my sleep is deeply and nightly disturbed by these events.

We have comedians here who mock Donald Trump with precision. They are mostly on television. They have not yet been arrested. They reach through their medium more people than the 19th century authors you cite, though their lasting power remains to be seen.