[FRIAM] loopiness (again)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Feb 7 14:22:15 EST 2017

Glen writes:

< I don't think Trumpism is caused even slightly by too many people wanting to _drive_ the tractor.  I think it's caused by a decoupling of words/understanding from action.  >

I meant on the left.   Progressives wanted a progress story rather than attending to the danger of regression.   Result, bad turnout.  Bernie or bust, etc.

On the main topic, it seems to me that if we view individuals as bit strings (e.g. control programs + individual and cultural data), then it is easy to see that a composition function of two bit strings yielding the same length bit string will have less information than a function that, say, appends the bit strings.    On the other hand if each bit string carries none of the content of the neighbors in the community, then the combined function will be fragile to failures of either individual.    And either individual will need some shared bits just to coordinate their union -- to show up at the church at the same time and hand out duties, say.

Marcus