[FRIAM] loopiness (again)

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:12:49 EST 2017

Heh, it's the "except to the extent the robots would have some retry events" that is the subject of the conversation. 8^)

The point is that meat space is necessary for truth seeking.  And the critical thing about meat space is that it is _not_ loopy ... at least we assume it's not loopy.  Hence, no matter how deep the individuals are, they can come to a common ground through _actions_.  But we can't (necessarily) say the same thing about thoughts/ideas/concepts/memes.

Therefore, going back to the original topic of how a part can represent and discover its wholes, it has to determine it's membership through actions, not words.

--
☣ glen