[FRIAM] Why depth/thickness matters

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:14:16 EST 2017

Late to the party, but still lots to chew on!

It is unfortunate that everyone wants to throw the
simulation/representation/modeling wrench into the middle of what might
otherwise be a very sensible story about about dynamic systems. (And if you
like the dynamic systems side of things, Tony Chemero's "Radical Embodied
Cognitive Science" does an excellent job explaining why "representation"
talk ads nothing to serious models of perception-action.)

While I digest, the posts above, and try to make a more focused response, I
can offer a contrasting view of how I think evolutionary theories of
perception should look (attached, forthcoming, pending miner revision).

Best,
Eric

Eric P. Charles, Ph.D.
Supervisory Survey Statistician