[FRIAM] Naïve physics question

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Feb 15 11:18:01 EST 2017

Robert, thanks for the answer. I think that the question for me boiled down
to "is light a form of energy"? Of course, the naive physicist in me should
have realized that of course it does, otherwise solar panels couldn't work.
Re: conservation, I was partly asking the question from a different
perspective: at times, I need to heat small spaces (like under cabinets) in
order to keep them dry. Incandescent bulbs are nearly impossible to get
here, plus they get really hot right at the bulb, thus presenting more of a
fire hazard. So, as long as I keep the cabinets closed, the CF bulbs should
work because the interior surfaces should absorb the light energy and be
converted to heat.