[FRIAM] FW: Fractal discussion Landscape-bird songs

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 21 16:09:44 EST 2017

Glen,

Thank You.

Now we enter into a salient area where dispute could arise if I take you too literally.

The Mesh is irregular and can't be called a proper tessalation since there are no repeated elements or tiles. I assume VanHoutte only cheated slightly in his code'
The points positions on the surface are random but the connecting lines will be straight lines only touching the sphere at exactly the points. I suppose the Voronoi Cells can be regarded as highly irregular tiles that only touch the sphere at points. The higher my points count the better the resolution but the cells still only touch the sphere at points. The only way I know to place edges on a sphere is to use parametric equations connecting point to point using Geodesic Paths. Eventually those lines will converge on the 2  Pole Points and Pucker together.

There are several problems with the camera libraries I am using and this is probably due to the writers choice to keep the largest object centered in the screen.
There is also a back clipping plane that allows objects to disappear in the far distance, also a undisclosed camera field of view.

Indeed the earth mapping may be squashed as definitely is true of the sun. The two issues are only related by my inexcusable lack of technique.

In my effort to examine human visual bandwidth limitations some details are lost somewhere in the brain. For example some objects are spinning as well as rotating and others are translating  and rotating. The sun is growing while spinning but is not translating. It was my intent to baffle myself. What I did learn is that it is not difficult to do so, but that longer observation does establish and embed more details or features. So my brain might be overwhelmed in the short term but self corrects with time and effort. Other research shows that people see less than is really falling on their retinas. The brain only presents what it expects, not the truth. This undermines most philosophical discussions since our sight is less than virtuous.

In the case of Truth versus Representation we seem to be forced to apply imposed geometries and time... Or each observer imposes these elements and that is where most disputes arise. It seems humans need little reason to start to bicker.

I am slowly trying to build a website to present clever ideas  a very few are mine, but they all pertain to data visualization in some manner.

In some manner every representation whatever default settings have been applied should be recoverable with every other representation and coherent.
The more coherent viewpoints the closer the approximation of Truth.
vib

vib