[FRIAM] Trump, truth, and politics: Why do we still think Trump is acting with respect to the truth?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 4 11:39:49 EST 2017

Exactly why does anyone believe anything the "intelligence" community
asserts to be the "truth?"

Two concrete reasons I doubt their veracity at the moment: 1) I have met
several members of Cozy Bear (when I was in Moscow the week before the
election) who readily admit the DNC hack and demonstrated many others.
They also expressed frustration that they had not been able to hack
Donald - because he does not use email or much tech at all - except
twitter. Cozy bear is not a state agency and although the state is aware
of their existence and ignores it as long as their actions are outside
of Russia. It is at most state ignored/tolerated and most definitely not
state or state sponsored. 2) the power utility laptop reported as part
of some "Grizzly Steppe" Russian cyber warfare initiative. Intelligence
community said that they had code fragments to prove it. In reality the
only thing on the laptop was an IP address associated with a
"suspicious" site in Russia.

BTW - it is well known that almost the entire power grid is infected
with malware (Russian, Chinese, Iranian, and even North Korean) and has
been for the past 5-10 years. Just as the power grids of those countries
are infected with US malware. MAD has moved from nuclear to electric.

davew

Links:

  1. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/politics/george-little-trump-tweet-assange/index.html