[FRIAM] Trump, truth, and politics: Why do we still think Trump is acting with respect to the truth?

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 4 18:11:35 EST 2017

I think I am responding to Eric Charles,

It appears as you suggest  rather trivial… Yet it does contain a rather startling component.

Accusation

This need not be based on truth it seems or context. Accusation by itself draws to itself Gullible believers

that then they are encouraged to riot , abuse others, or start phony wars. The demagogue uses these people

as Vicious Weapons for a time then he loses control and perishes or slinks off stage.

Is the Accusation a convenient excuse for brutality , lynching or riots. No one much discusses the Accusation’s properties itself. Always leaving a

false binary between truth or falsehood.  The accusation serves a purpose even if the truth-state is unclear.

Just why do people choose to believe an accusation without evidence…

To believe a false accusation or clouded insinuation seems to give license to vile actions against arbitrary targets.

Is an Accusation  then a Social Weapon regardless of truth.

Once an Accusation is unleashed does anyone escape unharmed.

vib