[FRIAM] The root of personality disorders

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:59:40 EST 2017

Yes, pathological narcissism starts during the first two years of life.
Hence the infantile symptomatology.  But it can be aggravated during
adolescence, say, by the kinds of things
Jochen mentions.  Heinz Kohut wrote a book on the etiology of the pathology
in a book called "Analysis of the Self".  It is not about self analysis.

It is almost impossible to read by lay persons, including yours truly.  It
is full of language like "the hypercathexis of the narcissistic libido".
Also, people who read it often (mistakenly) start feeling that they have
the disorder.

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918