[FRIAM] The root of personality disorders

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:40:50 EST 2017

Well, that confirms that it is more like a layered system, even if it's simply self-reported or all in the diagnoser's head.  The last 2 sentences of Kernberg's description directly imply constructive causation.  But regardless of any competence with or understanding of this particular domain, when we're talking about whether Trump already had the traits at age so-and-so before being sent to military school, and whether his subsequent experiences exacerbated the problem ... and (like the skeptical blog entry I posted) whether the traits are more heavily context-depenent, we're fundamentally considering multi-layered explanations.

--
☣ glen