[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jan 27 14:49:11 EST 2017

Glen writes:

< The more work you have to put in to see a return, to understand what's being said/done, the more likely the author/sender is an "elite". >

I've gone to talks where I eventually figure-out that the topic is fairly simple, but I didn't know the hash from the list of historical scientists that name a method to the narrow meaning those hyphenated names have in the context of the talk.   They could have made it intuitive and accessible, but they couldn't be bothered.   That I find kind of clubby and irritating but endurable.   You used the term "work" anyway and that makes sense to me.

Marcus