[FRIAM] How we can make the COUNTRY great again

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Sat Jan 28 13:54:41 EST 2017

That's cool, but this type of low earth orbit (LEO) satellites seem to me
more sutible for ubiquitous low bandwidth communication, e.g. satellite
phones. I don't know how well it would scale - for example, I doubt that
millions of people could simultaneously get their full megabit from a small
LEO constellation. One alternative that looks intriguing to me is
Facebook's Aquila drone, that flies at about 20km altitude - still low
enough for microwave broadband communication, but high enough to avoid
commercial air traffic.