[FRIAM] [[Narcissism Again]again]

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jan 28 18:01:43 EST 2017

< So, the question is , “Should we do what we can do, no matter how lame or ineffectual it might seem?”  Or, should we pull back, “move to Spain’, and leave it to others, “the politicians”, to lower themselves to do what needs to be done.  >

Andrés asserts it is not populism by another means.  It seems to me to be that.  I am not advocating leaving the country.  I am questioning him based on the fact he did leave just how sincere is he about living with his fellow man.   It sounds to me like he may have, or at least want to present, a romantic view of his Venezuelan homeland, and that it is easier to maintain from a safe distance in Europe.  That said, I don’t judge him for leaving nor U.S. citizens for leaving.

I don’t think this is solved by creating solidarity with witting vandals of this country.  That is BS.  This is solved by showing that BS doesn’t work.   To me, that means create a cost for the vandals.   Polarize sufficiently to create a clear political identity and purpose – identify the enemy and identify the cause.   To you, it may mean counsel the vandals and lead them to contrition.  Or it could mean to incentivize them to do other things than vandalism.

“When they came for the immigrants, I didn’t do anything because I was not an immigrant”  etc.

If there is a better organization to support than the ACLU for litigating these insane executive orders, please let me know.

Another idea is to map out the Trump-friendly churches and reach them through soft techniques.  For example, if church A is more conservative to church B, but they are similar, a political action organization could financially support people (e.g. pastors) at church B to give talks to congregation A that are fact-based and show the reality of Trump’s policies on children or other sympathetic victims.   Pastors at small churches are not paid very well, so having a travel budget and training opportunities could help them professionally.

Marcus