[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jan 31 12:11:23 EST 2017

< The point I'm making is that it's too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube. No matter what occurs with the populists, globalism is past its tipping point. >

Replace the `populists’ with `fascists’ and reconsider.   Populism is just a means to an end here.  Imagine systematically-organized enemy lists, where sending that e-mail to your friend in Iran, or signing a petition gets you questioned or fired or put in jail.   It has been happening in Turkey.   Now look at the administration’s response<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/us/politics/sean-spicer-state-dept-travel-ban.html> to the state department dissent.    Blunt force trauma can quiet most people.   The volatility we’re seeing now is just a way to disorient people so they don’t see how their own expectations are changing.

Marcus