[FRIAM] Run with a single bit?

Roger Frye frye.roger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 11:56:52 EDT 2017

It's the width of the channel.  They had been reducing the precision of the
floating point numbers being transmitted between nodes from 64 bits to 16
and then to 8 bit bytes.  Nothing to prevent you from reducing to a more
complicated network of on/off channels.

Reminds me of my early days in computing when I wanted to boot one computer
from another.  I keyed in a one-bit loader in the empty computer.  Then ran
a single wire from a console light on the live computer to an input switch
on the empty one and transmitted the code for a more flexible loader over
the wire.
-Roger