[FRIAM] the role of metaphor in scientific thought

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:16:38 EDT 2017

Thanks, Steve.  The metaphor allusion was a not very humorous way to make
the pointer to my little book allegedly relevant.  As Nick pointed out, the
title itself is a metaphor. The dictionary definition of "legacy" mentions
money or other posessions which are left in a bequest.  There are some
phrases in the text which are unambiguously metaphors.

I would be very interested in feedback about the book.  Not because I
expect to improve it but just because...   Nick says that his father, a
publisher, always said, "You should only become a writer if you can't do
anything else".
I think he was talking about earning prospects.

It's interesting that the Android mail editor won't let me punctuate the
quote correctly.

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918