[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Jun 4 11:30:04 EDT 2017

Eric writes:

"This creates difficulties like deciding when two things are the same molecule; when two molecules arrived at through different pathways are actually isomorphisms of the same label set, etc.  In random network-extension algorithms, this entails solving the graph-isomorphism problem a very very large number of times, and the underlying representational system must be provably well-defined."

Looks like MØD uses the Boost (C++) graph library in a deep way.  They must have thought about parallel approaches, but I suppose it is complicated enough already.

Eventually, the D-Wave or another annealer could be a useful tool here...

<https://www.nature.com/articles/srep11168>

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep11168

<https://www.nature.com/articles/srep11168>

"5. There has been some discussion of raising pattern-matching above the level of atoms or local clusters, to inductively-defined patterns like crystal faces, but no serious attempt to formulate that problem yet."

..and also for this and the stereochemistry matching.

Anyway, thanks for all that.  It is really interesting..

Marcus