[FRIAM] semiotics, again?

Carl Tollander carl at plektyx.com
Mon Jun 5 23:01:43 EDT 2017

Seems like Kanji would qualify as such an exploration.   See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji particularly where they talk about
different "readings".   (also see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_characters for a broader situating
explanation)  Somewhat sideways, one could look also at the Kana (signs in
the domain of phonemes) and how they are pronounced slightly differently in
different combinations by different speakers.

Calligraphy might also qualify.

Carl