[FRIAM] IS:New Math Untangles the Mysterious Nature of Causality | WIRED WAS: Layers, not broilers

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Jun 12 01:43:41 EDT 2017

I just read through the article and was equally intrigued and
disappointed... intrigued by some of the ideas presented and
disappointed by the (mostly) superficial treatment in the article... of
course, it is at the right level for the audience I think, so no harm,
no foul...  I just need to take the time/focus to go dig out the
references to the source material not provided and start with THAT.
I'll be curious to hear if anyone else digs any deeper.

The whiteboard behind Hoel reminds me a lot too much of the whiteboards
the UNM team I worked with in 2012-13 on "Faceted Ontologies" rooted in
Category Theory (Caudell, Luger, Taha, et al).  I took photos of those
white boards... somewhere deep in my archives.

FWIW, It also reminds me very vaguely/obliquely of Quantum Coherence in
Water and the work of many including Dr. Mae Won Ho, who Guerin turned
me onto.

     http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Quantum_Coherent_Water_Life.php