[FRIAM] sometimes an onion is just an onion...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jun 14 21:24:22 EDT 2017

"You're suggestion of memory limitations threw me at first. "

I was thinking of an exposition as a special-purpose program, and a highly-optimized implementation as having a lower memory requirements than a general purpose program.   If one had memory/attention limitations, it would make sense to externalize costs to the speaker and require they craft a set of rules that would be easy to recall and apply.   Academic literature strikes me this way sometimes.   Crafted for consumption for readers that may find narrow technical things are wrong, and won't add any other value.

Your analysis makes sense to me.

Marcus