[FRIAM] sometimes an onion is just an onion...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Jun 15 14:23:57 EDT 2017

Glen writes:

"But I think one of the key insights to all the yaddayadda around innovation and disruption is not that it doesn't need to be explained (in words).  It's about the "phase" change the market goes through as they grok it (fully digest it in behavior as well as thought).  Some weirdly configured people speak/listen and become convinced that a (hypothetical or prototypical) device will cause such a phase change.  And in that sub-population, language matters, both listening and speaking."

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at a VC meeting with a company like, say, Tri Alpha Energy.  The VC firms must have some access to some of those weirdly configured people who determine if milestones make any sense.   But as for consumers of some product like Shazam, I can't imagine that most have any interest at all in how or why it works.

Marcus