[FRIAM] the role of metaphor in scientific thought

gepr ⛧ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 01:33:51 EDT 2017

But the difference isn't merely rhetorical. If we take the setup seriously, that the unmarried patient really doesn't know the other names by which his condition is known, then there are all sorts of different side effects that might obtain. E.g. if the doctor tells him he's a bachelor, he might google that and discover bachelor parties. But if the doctor tells him he is "single", he might discover single's night at the local pub.

My point was not only the evocation of various ideas, but also the side effects of various (computational) paths.

--
⛧glen⛧