[FRIAM] Questions, rants and Raves...

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 5 22:38:15 EST 2017

Gillian,

I recently started to use Processing 3.0.2  but not js only .pde as from Processing.org. The download was free

and a little quirky to set up but seems to work and you can download working  source code from

Open Processing. Much that gets you up to speed quickly. I did notice some extremely compact code coming from gamers with some strange clever graphics from Europe. I also spend much time trying to build a website focusing on robotics and quirky stuff

using Wordpress. That may have been too much at once since I also forced myself to adopt Scripting to handle video or movie shorts.

https://processing.org/download/

https://www.openprocessing.org/

Most of the difficulty starts when trying to negotiate various sites for libraries to support building programs.

Github etc.

Feel free to ask if you need help. I was never specifically a programmer but started so far back that it sometimes feels like Unix or C++ that does help me but might not help you any.

I admit that most code used and presented on Open Processing is written for web sites.

The Graphics are great using OpenGL libraries natively, but awkward at times.

My goal is to develop multi-body animations to attract science minded users so now I feel like an old man trying to keep up with kids from modern Graphic Design Schools.  For some time I was confused by the js sites

which purport to allow web users to interact with web animations but mine are always too large to function this way so I stick to passive viewing… for now.

I used Mathematical Programming to model machine motion paths for robots but was trapped on my local machine with few viewers. I guess this is what “coming out of the closet feels like”

You are the first writer to openly ask such questions by my recollection. If the thread objects mail me directly if you can do so.

It is fun and sometimes aggravating even hair pulling.

vib