[FRIAM] Blockchain Questions

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 10 16:16:49 EST 2017

there is no known way to hack a blockchain, but "wallets" can be stolen
- there have been several instances where large bitcoin banks have been
hacked and lost all their virtual currency. A friend is a bitcoin miner
and he uses four computers, with four heavy duty graphics processors -
all water cooled to do so. A lot of computing power but still within the
budget of an individual - no where near that of a "small country."

davew