[FRIAM] organizations

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Mon Mar 20 00:01:45 EDT 2017

Twitter brought me a link to the 18F code of conduct this evening, via New
Zealand:

  https://github.com/18F/code-of-conduct/blob/master/code-of-conduct.md

which leads me to wonder about the goals and purposes of organizations and
the ways they challenge members and other organizations.  It's fun, too, to
wander around github figuring out who 18F is, what they do, and why they
might make an issue of how they want to work together with each other and
their clients.

Organizations then can be a continuation of "personhood, a game for two or
more" into "affiliations, the categories we choose to join" as opposed to
the categories people get thrown into like jail cells.

-- rec --