[FRIAM] organizations

lrudolph at meganet.net lrudolph at meganet.net
Thu Mar 23 14:16:07 EDT 2017

I regularly caught skunks in our  Hav-a-Hart trap (bought and intended for woodchucks).
Never attached a long (or short) cord to the release mechanism, but I always opened the cage
wearing a bathing suit (or less).  One time, the damned skunk really didn't want to leave; I
think it was about to become a mother, but for whatever reason, it had spent the night
carefully tearing up dried grass from underneath the cage and making a nice little nest for
itself.  Eventually I cautiously tilted the closed end of the trap up and evenually the
inhabitant found the angle uncomfortable enough to walk out the closed end.  At which point I
ran back to the house.  But no spraying happened, nor was the nest reinhabited.