[FRIAM] Dumb Experiment

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Mar 25 15:16:32 EDT 2017

Alexa isn’t much of assistant, but I am impressed with the new Fire TV stick.    Pretty much all premium content is available now through apps, and even DirecTV itself, and most other stuff is free with Amazon Prime.

Does anyone in the Santa Fe area use fixed wireless internet (e.g. NMsurf)?   They claim they can do 50 Mbps for about the price of Comcast’s higher-end Internet services ($75-$100/month).   I can hardly believe it is possible.

These TV add-ons are the way to go.  Smart TV firmware never seems to be maintained and is clunky compared to Fire TV or Chromecast.  To finally be free of having to co-locate televisions with coax drops would be nice.

Better yet would be to free from wires entirely, unless the wire was fiber and was 1Gbps.

Marcus