[FRIAM] re-use achieved!

Carl Tollander carl at plektyx.com
Thu Mar 30 23:37:43 EDT 2017

Well, several things.   First, you can now better preserve your mistakes in
detail and access them for analysis so that you can learn from them.
Second of course are the aforementioned advances that enable you to land
the thing (though this may be oversold). Third I think is that those
advances let you reuse the rocket in an improved envelope that might have
been overwhelmed by small defects-of-rapid-turnaround in a bygone era.   So
I think its less a matter these days of can we land at all.   We've been
balancing broomsticks in a way amenable to machine learning for a few
decades now.   It's more how to we capture and employ the knowledge in an
end-to-end launch-recover-reuse loop and a willingness to take the risks.
Kaizen.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Robert J. Cordingley <robert at cirrillian.com