[FRIAM] Whew!

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:39:13 EDT 2017

Owen,

To be clear, our $1400 per month bill includes payment for a "shadow"
(grandson says "stalker") who watches him closely and intervenes when
necessary.  Tuition is $800 for 3.5 hours, 3 days a week; the shadow
is $600 per
week.  Most kids go 6 hours 4 or 5 days a week.  But the kindergarten we
are planning for this fall costs $20,000 per year, period.  I'm thinking of
moving to the Wood Gormley district.

But the "elitist" charge about the tax seems false to me because the point
is to give all kids, however disadvantaged, access to the benefits of
pre-K.  Apropos of nothing, my mother was a Hispanic hillbilly kid in rural
New Mexico 90 years ago.

Another irrelevancy is that we would have paid 84 cents a week for a
six-pack of 7ounce Cokes.

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918