[FRIAM] ​Academia.edu​

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Sat May 6 20:58:15 EDT 2017

I think I'm on both RG and Academia, since I get emails from both, but
haven't really found their value add yet, over and above using arXiv for
publishing preprints, and Google Scholar for citation metrics.

Like most social networks, they integrate very poorly with email
(by actively discouraging participation by email), effectively rendering
them invisible to me. I have a hard enough time as it is keeping up
with email, so there's nothing left over to go monitoring any social
network site.

But I never say never... Even Farcebook might get me one day :).

BTW - anyone still subscribed to comdig via email? I complained to
Carlos when I caught up with him in Mexico City last year that since
comdig went over to LinkedIn, I haven't been able to get the feed, and
he said that the old email list was still running, but I can't seem to
find a way to subscribe to it.

On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 02:35:31PM -0600, Merle Lefkoff wrote:
> Hey Owen, I like it a lot.
>
> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Owen Densmore <owen at backspaces.net> wrote:
>
> > Does any here use ​Academia.edu​?
> >
> > They are maturing slowly but surely and I'm wondering if they're soon to
> > be the LinkedIn for published papers.
> >
> > They recently sent an invite to have your own page, and I wondered if it
> > was worth it, or maybe scamy/phishy.
> >
> >    -- Owen
> >
> > [image: Inline image 1]

> Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
> President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
> emergentdiplomacy.org
> Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
>
> Visiting Professor in Integrative Peacebuilding
> Saint Paul University
> Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
>
> merlelefkoff at gmail.com <merlelefoff at gmail.com>
> mobile:  (303) 859-5609
> skype:  merle.lelfkoff2

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au