[FRIAM] ​Academia.edu​

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun May 7 13:23:49 EDT 2017

According to  this..

http://www.city-data.com/income/income-Santa-Fe-New-Mexico.html

..there are about 8037 people in Santa Fe with a household income above $100k/year.   Baltimore has a 3% tax.  D.C. has a 8.5% income tax for income over $40k/year.

https://www.thebalance.com/cities-that-levy-income-taxes-3193246

Mimic that, only taxing just those with > $100k incomes, and Santa Fe would bring in $25-$70 million dollars a year.  Tax 5% across the board and it would be nearly $130 million (given the 2015 data).

Throw in some property tax for the richer folks, maybe could haul in $150 or $200 million a year.