[FRIAM] Harvard

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Mon May 8 14:35:22 EDT 2017

I didn't take part in the conversation Frank alludes to, nor do I want
details about it, but I just want to say that it pisses me off that it has
become politically correct to disparage folks who have done well for
themselves and gone to good schools. I myself went to a state supported
"cow college" (Kansas State University), so nobody can accuse me of being
part of the "elite". I don't begrudge people getting the best education
they can get, even if I had neither the financial resources nor the grades
to get into such schools. A degree from a top-tier institution does not
automatically confer "authority", but it certainly doesn't weaken ones
credentials either. I suspect there is indeed a high degree of correlation
between academic prowess of an institution and the expertise of its alumni.