[FRIAM] ​Academia.edu​

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed May 10 16:59:14 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Eric Charles <
eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I was in a field that used ArXiv, and didn't secretly like the idea
> of lay people and students sometimes reading my work, I wouldn't be on
> either. But psychology doesn't do ArXiv, and I do secretly like those ideas.

I'm curious why you say that you "secretly" like the idea of lay people and
students reading your work. Is there some taboo among psychologists against
non-professionals reading professional scientific articles?

> Our article on MOTH has 62 reads through Research Gate and 4 through
> Academia (via my upload).

I may have missed part of the thread, but what does MOTH stand for? Or are
you talking about the psychology of the night time equivalent of
butterflies? A la
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-strong/201404/what-the-military-can-learn-the-peppered-moth