[FRIAM] Scientists Achieve Direct Counterfactual Quantum Communication For The First Time Communication without particle transmission.

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sun May 14 13:25:21 EDT 2017

Very cool!
So if (badly) understand this. In Energy theires everything is a kind of
energy?Ok so far so good
What they're saying (if I understand right): A few clever people figured
out how to get two particles to shout reely reely loudly so as they don't
need to start in a room and play a extremly complicated game of telephone
makeing a reely fast moving string and tin can to say hi?

One particle(or set of of particles) is yelling I has beer? and someone(we
hope) can heer that yelling reely reely loudly and Yell reely reely loud
backI want beer! Lets meet at second street at 1230 or so for  fish on
taters (or other pub food)?

I seem to recall someone tried something like that back around 2001 or so
to use just energy (from light as I recall) to (they thought) to make reely
reely fast hard drives and (they wondered) able to use energy of some sort
for space explorers to (litterally) phone home to loved ones.
The experiments  I'm probably not remembering right from SkunkWorks
LachHeed were at that time to impractical for earth use. It lead to other
cool things to do with light-energy including a infamous anecdote of a
abscent minded prof taking a disc with some of that light home.(It was in
one of his many brief cases for some reason)

Any speculations if this might be related to those tricks and possibly a
improvement?

Very cool either way!