[FRIAM] To all you Tectonics Deniers out there!

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu May 18 23:41:31 EDT 2017

To the Local Congregation,

Tomorrow is going to be my last FRIAM for a bit.  So, I am hoping to leave with answers to the following two questions.  The first comes from an R. G. Colleague of mine from France and Serbia, etc.

“Interference” in elections has been going on between countries forever, and we and the British are particularly adept at it with our BBC’s and our “Cultural Programs”, and the CIA screwing the Iranian elections, etc.  So, why is the Russian interference in our election (and the French election)(and the Brexit vote) such a big deal?  What is special about it?  Are we just being whiners and crybabies?

The second is entirely my own, and is, in fact, a left-over from a conversation we were having last week:

Some people think that global warming, coastal flooding, etc., is not something to worry about and “we”call those people “climate deniers”.  “We” have many friends, relatives, and financial commitments in the Bay Area of California, in Seattle and in the Los Angeles basin, where at least one very severe earthquake is very likely in the next 20 years.  Are “we” tectonics deniers?

Discuss.  Give your reasons.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/